Saturday, April 07, 2007

Fruit of the Spirit..?

TBN co-founder Paul Crouch to his critics:

"I think they're damned and on their way to hell and I don't think there's any redemption for any of them. . . I say, To hell with you! Get out of my life! Get out of the way! . . . And I want to say to all of you scribes, pharisees, heresy hunters-- all if you that are going around picking the bits of doctrinal error out of everybody's eyes. . . Get out of God's way; quit blocking God's bridges, or God's going to shoot you if I don't. . . Get out of my life! I don't want to even talk to you or hear you! I don't want to see your ugly face! Get out of my face in Jesus' name."

["Praise the Lord" broadcast, TBN. April 2 1991, quoted in Charismatic Chaos p.360]

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5: 22-23

1 comment:

Gordan said...

Hmmm,

Johnny Mac: One of the most widely respected and time-proven Bible teaching ministries on the planet, acknowledged as a fine servant of God even by those who despise his theology.

Paul Crouch: On the verge of losing everything over an inability to keep it in his pants, with other men, even. A house of cards ready for a stong gust of wind.

Yep, looks like someone here has been "shot by God."